Ever wondered how your freinds pull wheelies all the way down the block and you can not even go a sidewalk block? What are you doing different?
- Start riding at a slow to medium speed. As you get better you can go faster. Do not go faster than you can run until you are really comfortable with wheelies.
- Figure out how you want to place your feet. Do whatever feels better. Generally a right handed person has their right foot forward. Left is the same. Place your feet like this, stronger foot in front.
- Take a very slow pedal so your weaker foot is at the highest point it can be. Your crankarms should be vertical with your strong foot at the bottom.
- Start taking a strong pedal. When your strong foot is at the front lean your weight backward and pull up with your arms slightly and smoothly.
- Keep pedaling until you find your front wheel at about the degree of a slash mark (/). If you are starting to flip backwards stop pedaling and let yourself coast in a manual. However, it may be more effective to tap your rear brake (not to be confused with coaster brake) to bring your front wheel down slightly. If you start falling forward pedal harder and faster.
- Show off to your friends.
- If you start falling forward pedal harder and faster.
- As you go farther in distance youll have to lean back more and pedal harder.
- To get out of a wheelie you should stop pedaling or pull your brakes softly.
- Remember, a long wheelie is more impressive then a high short wheelie. Of course a long high wheelie is the best.
- If you do flip backwards get your feet off the pedals and start running out. Try to keep hold of your bars and in control of the bike. If you can not hold the bike with you let it go and run to the side of it. You wont be able to jump over it.
- If you are starting to flip backwards do not pedal as fast as you can. Doing this will only make it worse.
- Know your limits. Do not try this if you can barely ride at all.
- Wear a helmet and pads at first.
- Never ride alone. It is notas fun and you can not get help if you are hurt.
- How to Do a No Footed Can Can on a Bike
- How to Tailwhip a BMX Bike
- How to 180 Ramp (Quarter)
- How to Bronco BMX
- How to Do a Wheelie
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Wheelie on a BMX Bike. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.